Mission 6 Careers: Social Media Intern NeededDANIEL PIERCE
Our team is growing because our brand is exploding! We are looking for a part-time intern to support our Social Media team for a three month internship beginning this March. This is not your “getting coffee and answering phones” kind of internship. We love for our interns to gain as much knowledge as they can from us and help them grow within their career aspirations! You will be working alongside seasoned social media and marketing experts to help develop the Mission 6 Nutrition online presence across multiple social media platforms. So if you want to get your foot in the door of one of the fastest growing sports nutrition companies and work alongside some really cool people this is for you.
Assiting the day to day operation of Mission 6 Nutrition’s social media platforms, the Social Media Intern has a critical role in developing and maintaining healthy and productive communication with the organization’s supporters through social media. They must be passionate about keeping up to date on industry trends and developments, and will be comfortable thinking creatively and strategically in a fast paced environment. Working within the marketing team, the Social Media Intern is responsible for sharing duties in maintaining the company’s presence in the social media world including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc
- Assist with creation, conception, and presentation of social media strategy and integrated marketing campaigns.
- Interpret the direction of strategy/planning and creative leads
- Support digital initiatives within an overall marketing plan, as well as other digital marketing efforts, including websites, forum promotions, search, e-mail, mobile campaigns, and various online promotions.
- Target and deliver smart marketing messages to on-the-go and digital media savvy audiences.
- Work closely with managers to outline and implement website and social media opportunities.
- Enhance social media outlets and opportunities to maintain communication and build fan base.
- Plan and organize quarterly social media calendar with sales, marketing, and product development staff.
- Grow all social media channels with engaged brand enthusiasts and hit certain growth and engagement goals.
Team skills & Communication
- Take a responsible role as a team member working alongside other members of the executive team
- Be a team player willing to assist all departmental activities
- Calendar and project management task follow up for management and executive teams.
- Explain processes to new team members and advise management on best practices.
- Active university enrollment pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Communications preferred
- A minimum 0-3 years social media experience
- Current personal social media presence utilizing multiple platforms
- Passion for sports nutrition and marketing
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email microcomputing applications
- Experience or willingness to learn Photoshop, Illustrator, WordPress, Constant Contact, Google Analytics, Content Management Programs, and Social Media Monitoring tools such as Sprout, Hootsuite, etc.
- Successful with outlining, managing and performing in multi-tasking environment
- Work creatively with limited resources
- Ability to travel up to a couple weekends per quarter for trade shows and events.
If you think you this internship is for you then please email a resume, cover letter, and your current personal social media platoform URL’s (Instagram, Facebook, etc) to firstname.lastname@example.org